• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now on iOS?

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

– Michael Corleone

Kinda... but more like wanting to profit off of that enemy user base.

Amazing that Apple needs Google for this, but still thinks they don't need Google Maps ????

This isn't apple needing google.. its google needing apple! Let us not forget what google is and what drives revenue = search engine. This is a way to have more users utilize googles search... i.e. google now = more advertising revenue for google.

This is just another indicator that search engine profits are more of a driver for google than the android OS.

Reactions: dan330 and agentc13
Upvote 0
^ Lol. Yeah, what are they using ..? Bing?!

No.. but I'm pretty sure Sire (apples new marketing toy) is not using Googles search engine. That = millions of iphone users not using Googles main revenue generator. By allowing GN on IOS that increases the usage of google search engine. At the end of the day.. this is what generates revenue for Google... not Android.

Thought this was directed at my comment... not sure after your edit?

Upvote 0
No.. but I'm pretty sure Sire (apples new marketing toy) is not using Googles search engine. That = millions of iphone users not using Googles main revenue generator. By allowing GN on IOS that increases the usage of google search engine. At the end of the day.. this is what generates revenue for Google... not Android.

Thought this was directed at my comment... not sure after your edit?
Nope, sorry for the confusion. But you do make a good point. Google's main focus is $$$ and they get that from searches. Doesn't really matter to them if that's from an iPhone or android device (or pc/mac either).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones