• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google+ Photos in Gallery

Jerm13

Nov 16, 2009
So I've been using Google+ for a bit now and I love it, but I've found one issue it causes my Droid.

I have Picasa synced with my phone, so those folders show in my Droid's gallery. I also have Instant Upload turned on and it cleanly puts all my phone's pictures into one Picasa folder.
However, for some reason when I attach a photo to a Google+ post, it goes into a separate Picasa folder, "Photos from posts." On top of that, within that folder it creates new sub-folders with the date of the post as the name.

So, my questions is, why does it do that and can I stop it? All those dated sub-folders are showing as independent folders in the Droid's gallery, and it clutters it up very quickly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones