• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I love my S4 other than being able to start a quick Google search. I am coming from an S2, so I was spoiled by quickly initiating a Google Search by pressing the capacitive magnifying glass key. I could even hold down the key to quickly open a voice activated search while my attention was elsewhere.

Anyone else going through the same withdrawal? Ideas how to cope with it?

I love my S4 other than being able to start a quick Google search. I am coming from an S2, so I was spoiled by quickly initiating a Google Search by pressing the capacitive magnifying glass key. I could even hold down the key to quickly open a voice activated search while my attention was elsewhere.

Anyone else going through the same withdrawal? Ideas how to cope with it?

I don't have one but I think you long press one of the 3 buttons to initiate a Google Search.

That is definitely one of the advantages of a Rom - modifying the button behavior.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones