• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Sign In Error

I've had my Sprint Hero for around 4 months now, it is not rooted, running stock 1.5. I was trying to check the marketplace for any updates to my apps and it brought me to the set up google account screen. I've tried signing in and It tells me that there was an error on sign in and my SIM card might not be provisioned for data. Obvoiusly as a Sprint customer I don't have a SIM card, is there anything I can do to get things working again?

Many have told me the factory reset has worked for them to resolve this issue, but i am experiencing the same problem and the reset hasnt done it for me :-/

If you are still on 1.5, I would recommend updating to 2.1 using the RUU provided by Sprint. If you want to consider rooting in the future, I would recommend using the RUU from the XDA forum for the .5 version.

Yes, running the RUU will wipe all data and restore it back to factory. Your phone will still be tied to your Sprint number so you won't have to reactivate it.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones