• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Talk on HTC Desire Orange

Hi Everyone,

I've recently got my orange HTC. Well annoyed at all that branding and general buggery they've done to the phone. blah blah [/rant]

Anyway, I've not really been wanting to flash the phone (even though i probably should to get better use of it)

So i've been trying to find a way to install google talk. Much reading of this forum and of XDA devs says to just get the talk.apk and install it.

Simple enough but its proved god dam gold dust to get the APK easily.

Well just for you guys i managed to get a the talk.apk and install it on my orange phone straight away with no other modifications done.

So i have uploaded it for other people who wish to put google talk on their phone.

I have tested it and it does appear to run properly in the background (ie i have pressed home, turned the screen off and if someone sends me a message it does alert me)

Heres the link:

www.arkp.co.uk/Talk.apk.

Hope this is some use to everyone.

Thanks

Fooby

Reactions: tbl
no problem, it took me ages using various contacts to actually get what appears to be (hopefully) a full functioning version.

I've spent 2 days trying to get it and lots of frustration from people "oh look at me i've done it" but not uploaded the damm file. So i decided to upload the file for people to hopefully find it in place!

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Seems to be fine for me apart from it keeps signing me out (but i think thats due to me catistrophic signal failure @ work location) will hopefully be better when back home.

Upvote 0
Okay, I'm probably being thick (being a new HTC Desire bod) - I've downloaded the .apk file (which is zipped) and added it to my phone. I can see it using Astro, and I can extract it, but then how do I run it? Nothing I select gives me the option to 'launch' or 'run'....

ETA: I can't (obv) 'run' the zip file either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones