Google Voice helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else. I just started using Google Voice, and for some reason, it's very confusing to me. Basically, all I want to do is use it for texting people who aren't on Verizon. I have the GV app on my phone, and I used it for texting (sending and receiving) a friend and it appears to have worked correctly. However, I'm reading a lot of things that talk about adding the 406 number to the person's contact info. I didn't do that, and things seem to have worked correctly. The text showed up in my inbox from their normal cell number, and when I replied, it showed as being from my GV number, there were no 406 numbers or anything like that involved.

Am I missing something with these other numbers?

Advertisement
  2. raghublr

raghublr Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble with GV too... is there a way to make GV the default for messaging?

3. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

When you go into a contact card you can select to either call, send an email, or send a message sms, mms...... if you press the mms sms option it should ask you what you want to use Messaging or google voice. there is also a box to check asking you to "make the default" option. check that and it should send sms through google voice. keep in mind gv does not support mms

4. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's all fine and good, but how about something related to the topic and question I posed???