• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice: Missing Toggle

hey not sure if you found the answer but I had the same problem and figured it out.

Download Google Voice app. Then put your finger anywhere on the main screen where it is empty (don't push any icons). When the wigits pages comes up click Google on Google Voice- and it will pop up.

Perhaps you already know this but I didn't figure it out until I did this and bingo it worked.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I have the same problem ,do you have any good tips?
xiao.jpg
xiao1.jpg
xiao2.jpg

Upvote 0
The key to resolving this problem (as I just had it myself after soft-bricking my phone and being forced to reload the android OS from Samsung) is to only "activate" Google Voice on your mobile device (where you dial "*28<your Google Voice number>", ie *285125551212, *38 will deactivate Google Voicemail). DO NOT "Enable" Google Voice integration from either the phone or your Google Voice settings webpage! Launch the Google Voice app on your phone and sign-in, again skip "Integration" if offered it. Now from a home page on your phone press and hold your finger on a blank area of the home page and select to add a 'shortcut' - you should now see "Toggle Google Voice" as one of the shortcut options available. Using this method you get to keep and use both your Google Voice phone number and your carrier's phone number. If you select integration and pick your carrier's phone number over the choice to use your Google Voice number you will lose your Google Voice number after 90 days. Hope this helps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones