• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice with Friends and Family

gevans2009

Lurker
Jan 27, 2012
Hi everybody new here to the forum.

I started using google voice recently. I set up so that the google voice routing number is on my friends + family. This is not my actual google voice number. Every time I call out the minutes are basically free because that number is on my F+F.

My question is what about when someone calls you? Does anybody know if there is a way around this? How to have in bounding calls route through your google voice number?

Thanks everybody

The number you added to FF may change, keep an eye on that. It will use different numbers for different calls.
You can add your GV number to FF and set GV to not show the actual number on caller ID, have it show your GV number. Free incoming calls but you won't know from whom.
Check out Google Voice Callback, that automates outgoing calls. It basically places the call and calls you back on your GV number. So, if you have GV on FF outgoing calls are free and you don't have to monitor what Google is using. There is a slight delay but it's pretty foolproof. I use it and really like it. You can set it up a lot of different ways, I bypass my mobile to mobile numbers and use it for everything else. Great app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones