Google Wave - Does anyone have it working on the Droid?Support

Last Updated:

1. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have friends with Google Wave working on their iPhones but I can't get it working on the Droid. I can see the list of waves but cannot open them (nor edit) so it makes it pretty worthless. It's really ridiculous that Google Wave isn't working on Android (all versions). Wave is a great tool and my work group has started using it extensively but I need to have access when I'm not at my desk.

Anyone get it working? What browser? Any other tips?

(Please do not turn this into a "send me a Google Wave invitation" thread but please keep it on how to get it working. There are several threads already on requesting invitations.)

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to get it working here either.

3. TXLady

Thanks. I was starting to think I was the only person on the forums that had even tried or cared.

4. El Blacksheep

Hopefully once Wave matures it'll play nicely with our Droids.

5. TXLady

I hope so. (Or with BB since I'll probably switch back in a few months.) I think Wave is an awesome product so far and my team at work is hooked on it. Sure keeps the email inbox uncluttered and makes it easier to follow -- we're all a bunch of telecommuters so Wave is almost designed for people like us. Best of email / IM / Blog, all rolled together.

6. El Blacksheep

Yea I want to use it more as well, but unfortunately it's one of those things that just doesn't work unless everyone's on it.

7. El Blacksheep

I was actually able to load it on my Droid's browser a couple weeks ago, so it looks like they're putting forth the effort.

It was just as slow and sluggish as the PC version but it's better than nothing.