• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Gorilla Gadgets 3500 battery: FINAL POST

Ruark

Jan 3, 2011
First, you should read the messages under the thread, "Gorilla Gadgets 3500: review." As I said, today I went back to the original DInc battery. As closely as possible, I copied the usage routine from yesterday, to compare the two batteries.

As you read, at noon the GG 3500 was at 81%, and was at 71% at 6:30 p.m.

Today the original battery was at 74% at noon, and now, at 6:30 p.m., it's at 48%.

I'm not sure if that reflects the actual potential difference between the two batteries. The GG3500 has THREE TIMES the MAh rating as the stock battery. In any case, as you can see, the difference is noticeable.

And again, this is an individual preference, but I love the slightly additional thickness and weight the GG 3500 battery adds. It just gives it a little "heft" and a solid feel that's satisfying to hold in the hands.

I hope this has been helpful. I should point out also that I "conditioned" the GG3500 as per the GG blog instructions. I discharged it down to the auto-shutoff point, and brought it back to a full charge, 4 times. That did make an observable difference.

So now, I will happily put the GG3500 back into the DInc.

Cheers!

I have one. Was one of the first on the forum to have one. A couple months down the road now and it is staying charged less and less...

Anyone else notice this? I do not have more running on my phone. In fact probably less. I really raved about it at first. Now Im not so sure. Should get more than 2 months out of one.

I did the run down and then leave plugged in overnight 4-4 times the first week. Did it again once a week for a couple more weeks. Sure doesnt last like it did.

May contact GG......?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones