• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got it! and GPS is spot on...

howdy

Aug 31, 2010
Ran over to Best Buy and they only had 2 units and I was the first one there. Wasn't happy to see they marked it up to $599.99, but they were great about it. I asked for a price match and he asked me what Verizon was selling for, I told him $579.99. He rang it up at $579.99 without checking pricing or stock at Verizon. Very good customer service, I know not all of the Best Buys around here are that way. No problems at all.

Took about 20 seconds to lock on the GPS (not moving and first time, so I think that is pretty good). It appears from the satellite map that it's spot on, definitely within 10 ft.

GREAT phone so far! I've been planning on rooting and it and most likely will, but I have to say that I really like the interface from what I've seen so far. I'm not sure on Bing search and maps yet as I haven't used much, but that will be hacked very soon if not already.

Reactions: tystevens
Thanks for the input. It is sounding more and more like the GPS horror was much ado about nothing. People sure can get excited about events that haven't even happened yet. But I digress...

I can't wait ... mine should be waiting at home for me (provided that the Fed Ex truck doesn't happen to arrive when my wife is on an errand). It's gonna be a long afternoon at work!

Upvote 0
So far so good from everything I've been hearing. Not sure why people were having issues pre-release?? Is it possible that activating the phone is making the difference? It did ask a couple things regarding gps when activating (911 support, allowing google to have gps location or something rather) .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones