• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my Droid today... any questions?

Hopefully that is an easy software fix. What are your top 3 dissapointments other than that?

1. Just got an error within the Facebook app, well sort of, I wanted to check out a comment on my status and it's a weblink to m.facebook.com and there is an error in the code for that page in the browser, but on my HERO, it renders just fine.

2. That lag on the homescreen is becoming more and more irksome.

3. Still playing, I'll find shit... trust me. You saw how many phones I have right :p

1. Darth can you make a few phone calls and make a comment on the quality,
2. For the barscanner app/shopSavy does the camera have trouble focusing?
3. How is the word predictive feature compared to HTC version.
4. Does the screen wobble from the keyboard when closed Oreo effect?

thanks for the pictures!!!

1. Sound is as good as my Hero or Pre. Good against the ear and the Mic is below that sliding lip so if you are shoulder/head talking, you won't cover it up like on the Pre. Speaker phone is nice!

2. It found flat things... boxes and what not. Tried scanning a Clif Bar on my desk and because of the wrapper, it couldn't lock onto it... but in fairness neither did my Hero or Treo Pro. Other things like books were fine (ISBN search and all did well...)

3. Stock predictive text stinks... but it did on vanilla 1.5 and 1.6, HTC has that algorythm down right. I think I might give TouchPal a go on this... I think I saved the beta apk somewhere on my puter.

4. No Oreo effect at all! If you push from the right there is movement, because it's a slider and it wants to slide, but there isn't "Pre Oreo Effect" if that's what you are referring to. I've had 4 Pre's and they all had that wobble out of the box.

Upvote 0
How does slacker compare to Pandora?

I am partial to Slacker, always was... but Pandora was my alternative for webOS and Android since Slacker was only available for iPhone and BB. I never had a BB and I ditched my iPhone service but kept the phone for ipod touch purposes.

I had a Slacker stand alone device, G1, which was chunky... the G2 was much better but I hate having multiple devices.

I'll always keep both installed on my phone now, but will most likely run Slacker since my custom stations are of many bands I like and not just built around one artist I did a search on like Pandora does.

Upvote 0
Mobile (Car) mode is weird... it has five icons.

View Map, Navigation, Voice Search, Contacts, Search.

It's in landscape mode for you but Contacts will swap back to portrait and isn't finger friendly while driving. Weird concept. Search brings up the keyboard... again, weird concept. Voice Search is the only thing that doesn't require any pulling over to use safely, like many people do that anyways ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones