• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RunnerPaul

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
Hi, new to this type of phone Galaxy Europa i5500!!

I cannot seem to get the GPS to locate my position on any GPS related app unles I am connected to wifi. The GPS marker at the top flashes but nothing seems to happen. I cannot check the Accessability box so I'm not sure if that's the problem

Mine can be tricky sometimes with GPS. Make sure that your 3G is enabled and GPS is enabled under the Location and security settings page. It sounds like a data connection issue to me, the phone will use your mobile network data connection to connect to GPS, so if you have data disabled by your network it won't work - are you on a contract?

If any of the settings are off, having turned them on reboot your phone. Also mine struggles to find GPS indoors, works a lot better outdoors!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones