GPS SignalGeneral

Last Updated:

1. acsimon

acsimon New Member This Topic's Starter

Received an update on my Eris a few days back for Google Maps (I think that was the application that was targeted). Since then, when I use the Navigator the GPS has had a problem connecting. Sometimes it searches for a GPS signal for almost 30 minutes. I'm in the heart of Denver and have not had this problem before the update. Did anyone else update and are now having connection issues?

Advertisement
  2. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

you can try downloading gps status from the market and use it to reset the agps. to do it

1. launch gps status
    2. hit menu -> settings
    3. hit the "GPS & SENSORS" menu item
    4. hit "Manage A-GPS state"
    5. hit "reset" and then once reset hit "download"
    6. Once that is complete hit the back button and then lay the phone down on a flat surface.
    7. hit the "Calibrate roll and pitch"

I usually restart the phone after doing all this and then once restarted try out google maps again. My phone was taking 2-5 minutes to lock and now it's like seconds.

3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

as stated, the GPS Status App, fixes most GPS issues, and improves locating time.

4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Wow what a difference this makes. My gps was locking on fine, but it's almost instantly after downloading and doing this.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

keep in mind, if you want to keep the speed as fast as you are right now, you have to do this every couple/few weeks. Just depends, sometimes every every few days.