• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS Status and Wireless Tether not working after DJ05?

dragonzsoul

Oct 5, 2010
I don't know why, but my GPS status program isn't working anymore after i swapped to DJ05. Anyone have ideas why? Wireless Tether is acting up also. It'll work for a little bit (5-10 mins, moderate data usage <5MB) then my 3G signal will start to cycle..

my SMS backup also has issues. i have it schedule for 4AM in the morning, but it does it around 11AM or so.. i haven't tried to adjust the time again, maybe that'll fix it..

for the record, my 3G works fine with normal use. just with wireless tether, i'll lose 3G after using it for 5-10 mins..

Upvote 0
my SMS backup also has issues. i have it schedule for 4AM in the morning, but it does it around 11AM or so.. i haven't tried to adjust the time again, maybe that'll fix it..

for the record, my 3G works fine with normal use. just with wireless tether, i'll lose 3G after using it for 5-10 mins..

i cant comment on sms backup as i dont do that...but saturday night was the first time i extensively used wireless tether on dj05 (barnacle legacy) and it ran without issue for over 2 hours before i just switched back to my phone as my wife wanted her laptop back.

i live/work in a fast vzw area though, but that shouldnt affect it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
saps, congratulations...i didnt think it was possible ;)
it can be done...
it also helps when you get 8" of snow on a sunday morning and after snow blowing and shoveling are so tired you just spend the rest of sunday just on the couch watching football till you fall asleep and when you wake up in the middle of the night to jump on irc find you got ping'd out by the server and your eyes are too tired to read the recaptcha words to log back in and then you just go to sleep in your bed :p;)

Upvote 0
it can be done...
it also helps when you get 8" of snow on a sunday morning and after snow blowing and shoveling are so tired you just spend the rest of sunday just on the couch watching football till you fall asleep and when you wake up in the middle of the night to jump on irc find you got ping'd out by the server and your eyes are too tired to read the recaptcha words to log back in and then you just go to sleep in your bed :p;)

sounds like quite the sunday :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones