• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS stopped working after root

mjwood

Lurker
Apr 5, 2014
So I recently rooted my Razr Maxx and flashed CyanogenMod 10.2.1. I can't say exactly when the GPS stopped -- I know, stupid not to test it right away -- but it isn't working at all now. It won't get a fix. Even if I boot to stock, it still won't work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have an XT912 and something similar happened to me as well yesterday. I havent flashed yet though- no SD. In that case, it could've been directly corelated to the root. My issues with Navigation: GPS Signal/Location cannot be found properly. Went through Settings and cleared the app cache. Then uninstalled it and reinstalled it when that didn't work. Still no luck. I'd also like to see some input with someone who has possibly solved this issue or perhaps a link to where we should post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones