• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anthony2816

Nov 29, 2010
After I rooted and installed Superclean 2.9, I was happy to find that my GPS was locking on within seconds (using Google Navigator).

But now I've had the opportunity to use it more, I find that sometimes it takes a very long time to lock on...I've had it literally take over 20 minutes.

At other seemingly random times, it will still lock on immediately.

I've also discovered that when it isn't locking on, if I power down the phone and restart it, it locks on immediately.

I've tried running the GPS Status app, to no obvious effect.

Any ideas on what's going on?

I'm running stock EA28. In January I did the OTA update (DL09?) and my GPS starting working just fine. I had some minor issues prior - slow lock on, etc. - but I went to use it the other day and I notice GPS doesn't work at all! I reboot and still no satellites at all.

I saw on another forum some *#xxxxxxx sequence to get to the GPS setup menu, but it doesn't work on my phone or I did something wrong. The person did say they were rooted. I'm not.

larry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones