• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GrafiXpressions Droid Colorlays! Check em out!

blue rocket

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
CT
www.grafixpressions.com
colorlays.jpg

I wanted to share a new product designed specifically for the Motorola Droid. These "Colorlays" as we're calling them are vinyl overlays meant to alter the appearance of your phone while helping protect your phone from minor abuse. The overlays are very simple to install and remove (if you choose to) so you will not damage your phone in any way. These are also great for concealing some minor scratches you may have on the back of your Droid!

Overlays are shown in "Red" with a similar look to the HTC Incredible, you can choose any color that we offer to truly make your Droid unique!

The other great part of these is that you can layer other overlays with other decals we offer, as shown below (android robot battery door cover (shown in Gunmetal).

Our plans are to expand this product line to other Android devices down the road, so if you own something other than the Droid, keep checking back!

FYI - these products will be available for purchase later this afternoon and will be available from GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

While you wait...check out some of the hundreds of unique vinyl designs we offer, any order of $20 ships free, to anywhere in the world!

Hope you like them!

droidarmor1.jpg

droidarmor.jpg

droidarmor2.jpg

Reactions: Bramsy
Couple more color options so you can get the idea...

Carbon Fiber, note how the weave continues through the whole Colorlay...we cut it specifically this way to give a truly uniform look!

droidarmor4.jpg

droidarmor3.jpg

& White...

droidarmor5.jpg

I love the CF version and am currently rocking it on my phone. Some folks have asked how these hold up to abuse, i've been trying to get the vinyl to peel back by scuffing it against things and it hasnt budged. I believe these will hold up extremely well in everyday use!

Upvote 0
Those look very slick, but I'm slightly bothered by the fact that the top and bottom pieces don't align with the middle two pieces. I see they align with each other but it looks weird to me.

the reason for that is because of the angles on those edges.... making them larger would require the overlays to wrap around the edges and would be easier for them to peel back. I wanted these to fit as well as possible but to be as durable as can be. Trust me, when it's installed, it looks damn sexy!

Upvote 0
Heh, I'm guessing the carbon fiber is a pattern printed on vinyl and not real CF, right? ;)

If you get a chance, could you upload a picture of the "Gunmetal Metallic" one? That does sound really interesting, but I can't get a feel of how it would look without seeing it on the phone.

It's not just printed on, it actually has a bit of texture to it and is the most authentic looking CF vinyl available. It changes in different angles as real CF would...this isn't the cheesy checkerboard stuff...

i'll try to get some pics up of gunmetal in the next few days.

thanks!

Upvote 0
Does the CF one have a purple tint to it all the time or is that just the lighting/camera?

No, that's my camera... it really doesnt have any purply hue to it at all (more of a black, gunmetally/silver)

Luving that shade of red! Wondering, once removed, do they leave a sticky residue?

Thanks, the red has a tiny bit of metallic to it, it really is sharp when installed. As for the sticky residue... none at all, that's the beauty of vinyl... just start with a corner and peel it off and you are left with a perfectly clear & clean surface.

Also, FYI -

If you are interested in these purely for protection instead of looks, the black (glossy), matte black (OEM look) or clear (glossy) would be your best bets...you'd barely know anything was installed if you went with Matte Black.

Upvote 0
It's not just printed on, it actually has a bit of texture to it and is the most authentic looking CF vinyl available. It changes in different angles as real CF would...this isn't the cheesy checkerboard stuff...

i'll try to get some pics up of gunmetal in the next few days.

thanks!

Heh, yeah, if it didn't seem like you work exclusively with vinyl, I might have guessed it was real CF. :D

Thanks! I look forward to seeing a picture of that one. It sounds really nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones