• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great News 3G in Florida!!!!

screenshot_2.png
screenshot_3.png

Well, had it for about 6 weeks now and this is all I can get, even if I go sit under a MetroPCS tower. It is capped, cuts out during downloads then switches back to CDMA. It is unreliable, finicky and crap. I am running Sense ROM with the 3022 PRL before anyone starts. Can't send text while on EVDO or MMS have to switch back to CDMA to do that even with this new all glorious 3022...VERY disappointed. So forgive me if I don't seem too enthusiastic about it.
its not the prl its where you live.

I have said this before but it needs repeating.

You could be standing under a tower and if your phone doesnt see the tower, the prl list does that, you wont get service from it.
conversely though if your too far from the tower your not getting good service from it either. No matter if it looks for that tower or not.

Upvote 0
I live south of Lakeland (outside of Mulberry), I have tested the speed with 4 bars in Lakeland, in Mulberry, near Linder airport while at work even in Tampa. Doesn't matter where I am thats all the speed I can get. As you can see it is not much faster than CDMA as it is obviously capped. I am just glad the Optimus can connect with WIFI

Upvote 0
its not the prl its where you live.

I have said this before but it needs repeating.

You could be standing under a tower and if your phone doesnt see the tower, the prl list does that, you wont get service from it.
conversely though if your too far from the tower your not getting good service from it either. No matter if it looks for that tower or not.

The PRL will give you the towers, but even if you get all the towerts, if you are on a capped market, the speeds will not be fast.

Remember the cap is temporary. So the hardest thing is over, which is getting 3g. After the testing hopefully they cap at a higher speed since evdo has way more capacity than 1xRTT for subscribers, as well as speeds..

Upvote 0
I can tell you right now Boca doesn't have it yet. At least central boca doesn't.

Some of Delray has it.

In Boca, it flashes to 3G sometimes and goes back to 1x...which makes me think Boca will be the next to have it.

Fingers Crossed

Also, I did not need to install the 3022.prl. I checked and my phone shows that I already have 3022, so check your phone before thinking about manually updating.

Upvote 0
I tried the lte onoff. But says not for cyanogen roms or other based roms. So would I have to go to stock for lte to work on my phone to turn it to evdo. Cause I get 3g now and then and data and calls works.

You didn't actually TRY it did you? Works fine on any cm7 rom i've tried it on.

Alternatively you could just dial *#*#4636#*#* they both open the same menu...

Upvote 0
Ok I found the thread that had the easiest instructions on how to manually update your prl.

1. you need to put the 3022.prl on the root of your sdcard
2. open up your dialer and dial ##775# (be patient, might take a minute or so)
3. it will ask you to enter your MSL number (Master Subsidy Lock), enter it
4. from the menu it brings up you will be able to update your prl with the file you placed on your sdcard. it will auto recognize it in the dropdown list if it's there.
5. Your phone should auto reboot itself after installing the prl and you should then be good to go.

My password or MSL number happened to be "000000"
It may be different for your phone, but once it rebooted I was seeing 3G service. It was nice to see but it is spotty in West Palm and I don't think the data part was working right since my mail stops syncing when on 3G. But great update none the less...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones