• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greenhorn

Rob Does

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
Hey, Guys! I'm COMPLETELY new to Android and have a million questions. I aquired my Moto Droid about 2 months ago and delved right into all the options available to me and have been working on educating myself to the system. Unfortunately, most of the "education" out there is chock full of lingo that is essentially Greek to me, needless to say, 99% of it is useless to me at this point.

After doing some research, I've decided to root my Droid due to my current disdain for Froyo and what it's done to my phone. I've made the decision to (apparently an uneduacted decision) revert back to 2.1 via rooting and am not sure if I should do this manually via Kellex's instruction or if paying the $1-$5 for "Easy Root" is prudent. Your thoughts?

All aside, I'm sure I'll be making some heads shake with all the questions I'll have but am trying to look on the bright side of my ignorance in the hopes that though my bold noobiness, other laymen may be brough up to speed as well.

Thank you for the forum and for the permissions to join in. I'll be good for a laugh anyway!

Rob Does(n't...yet)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones