• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It does nothing to impact speed or performance. It's simply a way to identify apps (in Settings > Accounts) that are synching, but not in an obvious way. Normally apps will synch based off your Google (or private) account. This Greenify setting allows it to ID apps that sync using the old C2DM (Cloud to Device Messaging) framework.

If your device is rooted, you could conceivably use this info to disable C2DM for a particular app. However, it will probably have consequences in the form of lost functionality (e.g., missed notifications).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
When i enable the option 'Wake apps for notifications' in Greenify, this service doesn't work. I greenified
K-Mail Pro email app but didn't get 'New e-mail notification'. So must not work for all my apps. What should i do?
Don't Greenify your mail client. If it's Greenified (and thus prevented from automatically running in the background) it won't be able to check for new mail (and thus generate the notification you were hoping for).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones