• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greyed out app icon no option to uninstall app

LittleMiss Sunshine1

Nov 7, 2023
Hi all,

I have a Samsung A10.
Reset the home screen back to default setting. Now there is a greyed out app on the home screen that appears to be waiting to install, but it never does. I tried long press of app icon to delete it but there is no such option.
Help please. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231107-190539_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231107-190539_One UI Home.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: AugieTN
go into your phone's settings>apps>scroll down to the My3 app and select it>select uninstall

you can re-install it afterwards if you still want the app. this should delete the icon on the homescreen. if not then a long press to delete should be available.
Unfortunately the My3 app is not listed in the apps. Its not actually installed.

Upvote 0
go into your phone's settings>apps>scroll down to the My3 app and select it>select uninstall

you can re-install it afterwards if you still want the app. this should delete the icon on the homescreen. if not then a long press to delete should be available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231107-193917_Configuration update.jpg
    Screenshot_20231107-193917_Configuration update.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
Is there any way to fix this?

Myself, since it won't let you delete with a long press, I would do a factory reset of the phone.

or you could also try to install the latest version of 3, then delete it and maybe the old icon will go away

or you contact the developer at:
digisupport@three.ie
To see if they have any suggestions

Upvote 0
Tried that, it didnt work. I tried resetting app preferences and I think this could be part of the issue.
why did it not work?error? nothing happens when you long press? or no delete option that pops up? if this, then what are your options listed?

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN and mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi. I have just discovered that the app is an older version of the app so how would I delete the app icon,?
Older version. That's what I suggested. I gave you 3 possible solutions. A couple of other members gave you a possible launcher solution. I don't know what else we could do at this point. I hope you get the problem resolved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones