Grindr for gay singles?

Last Updated:

1. Not yet is grindr available for android market. But there is something relatively close. Its new and mimmicks grindr without background running but give it a try. Look up EncountR in the app store. So far there are little peoplen on so we need more glbt ppeople to sign on!

ItalianHunk, scaz and pdx77 like this.
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Oh dear. Put on a flame-resistant suit; we have a lot of homophobes on these forums, unfortunately.

I'm glad there's something for the LGBT folks on the market, though. :)
  3. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

Cool, I'll have to check this out, thanks.
  4. turt

turt New Member

Nice app. Though disappointed that although you say you want more "LGBT" users, it's explicitly an app for Gay & Bi men only. You've got the potential to outdo grindr here, by being inclusive to all flavors of queer. I'd love to be able to specify that I'm interested in queer people of all genders, and see the people fitting those criteria that are nearby.
  5. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
  6. rm2092

rm2092 Well-Known Member

I tried it and it sucks, lol
  7. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Isnt that what you want to achieve form the app? :p
    fastestSwimmer likes this.
  8. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor Member

9. AlanWinslow

AlanWinslow New Member

Feels a lot like GrindR. We'll see if it's as effective.

I wish, GrindR would release an Android version.
  10. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

11. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member

I wish they had gd app for android. I think it's better than grindr.
  12. britneysneers

britneysneers New Member

try miumeet. it has st8 and gay users but seems to have a lot more people than any of the alternatives. Hopefully the grindr folks will eventually see that android's growth potential makes it a more-than-viable alternative to the apple walled garden...
  13. rm2092

rm2092 Well-Known Member

I can not find the app in the market, anyone else ?
  14. d_Average

d_Average New Member

15. Capslock1

Capslock1 New Member

I find it interesting that this thread has achieved ~20,000 views in such a short time
  16. iNinja

iNinja New Member

Encountr SUCKS!! At least for my phone it does.

I don't understand why it's so hard for someone to mimick Grindr and call it something different and bring it to Android.

I'm a newbie to this forum for Androids, I've always been a BB user. The BB forum is so much more gay friendly with like 1000+ gay topics/posts etc.

Ima make a gay group for us gay Android users...LOL

Cheers!!! :D
  17. gaviel

gaviel New Member

Ecountr doesnt exsist... well not on my market anyways
  18. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

Grindr is allegedly working on an Android version. I signed up - months ago - for being notified when it's available.

Then 4-6 weeks ago, I got an email to sign up for the beta when it's available and did so.

Still no beta (of course they could have excluded me from the beta testing). Hopefully soon.
  19. biscuitboi

biscuitboi New Member

Same here mate, haven't heard anything. Purpll is a far more better app then Encountr but again there simply isn't the amount of users that Grindr has.....
  20. kyryll

kyryll New Member

Both Encountr and DList suck big time because no one is using them. Here in Europe at least. Nearest search results I'm getting are somewhere in Ohio.....?! And for DList I have to have GPS enabled all the time to get ANY results?! Is it expected that I'd be looking for guys on the street or something? GPS doesn't work inddors.

A messenger without a base of customers is useless. We want Grindr for Android (period).
  21. kyryll

kyryll New Member

Btw, I really start to envy my best friends with iPhones and Blackberries, who seem to get laid on every corner via Grindr these days... :-S
  22. zstaynfit

zstaynfit New Member

Grindr is falling behind but a great app Scruff is available. Still in beta but working pretty well and updates to keep conning. Do an engine search for "Scruff for Android" and you will find it.
  23. dvman46

dvman46 New Member

24. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

$1.99 for beta-ing a brand new app? Thanks, but no thanks.
  25. dvman46

dvman46 New Member

It seems that's it's not a beta, it works fine on my HTC - PC36100 as I could check with my iPhone roommate :)