• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Grindr for gay singles?

I don't even like GrindR because unless your a muscle twink, you get ignored. I wish there was a transgendered friendly meeting app.

Wont the framework of this app support anything? I mean you can be a hairy midget with 3 boobs and only 1 hairy leg ... throw the pic and profile up, and someone may be down. No?

Or does the owner/mods of the app prohibit anything but the muscle twinkys?

Upvote 0
I'm about to get my first smartphone and I was hesitating between the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy S. Now that I see that Grindr is finally available on Android I'm very likely to get the Galaxy S.

However, the (beta?) app of Grindroid is no longer available on the android market...
Does anyone know if it was just a beta version? If so, when is the final version going to be available?

And the most important question... can you see people using grindr on their iphone if you use the android version?

thanks a lot for your answers :)

Upvote 0
I'm about to get my first smartphone and I was hesitating between the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy S. Now that I see that Grindr is finally available on Android I'm very likely to get the Galaxy S.

However, the (beta?) app of Grindroid is no longer available on the android market...
Does anyone know if it was just a beta version? If so, when is the final version going to be available?

And the most important question... can you see people using grindr on their iphone if you use the android version?

thanks a lot for your answers :)

*facepalm* you're basing your decision of a phone purchase on grindr availability?? well now you can worry about which phone model has the best GPS reception, lol, and battery life. GRINDR has been a battery killer thus far.

for what its worth I played around with it (curiosity killed the cat i know) and its rather buggy, to the point of annoyance.

mileage i guess will vary by phone model.

Upvote 0
For my EVO, all that's offered on the Market is Grindr Xtra - with a free introductory period. There was an update and it is somewhat better (can see both Android and Apple users now). I'll see what happens when the intro expires - if it goes to the free version or just nags mercilessly for you to pay.

But the new design is irritating - lots of popups that are meant to show you features. But they keep popping up and I haven't found a setting to turn it off. Annoying.

Upvote 0
Grindr is cool, but I get errors... A friend told mine told me about this app called LGBTown, I bought it thinking what the hell and there was only a few people in my area, one that left my house this morn ;). Has potential but looking forward to more people getting it. I guess the iphone version will be released soon and it will be linked to android users as well. We shall see :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones