• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grooveshark compatible with Incredible

gatorjm7,

Thanks for your response and I will definitely take you up on your offer. Still no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times without any luck. The main thing I see is, when I enter my username and password, the widget comes up and spins and returns back to the login screen to re-enter my username and password.

Upvote 0
gatorjm7,

Thanks for your response and I will definitely take you up on your offer. Still no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times without any luck. The main thing I see is, when I enter my username and password, the widget comes up and spins and returns back to the login screen to re-enter my username and password.

Ok, so talked to some devs today and there is good news and bad news.

If your password has any upper case letters, you might want to try changing it to all lowercase and then try signing in again.

Other than that, the devs pretty much said you're out of luck. They're the first to admit the Android app just kind of sucks. They're working on a 2.0 app that should be out in the next couple of weeks that has some pretty dramatic improvements.

Reactions: CowboyBoats
Upvote 0
I registered to post my solution to the problem you are encountering, which just worked for me. When I read gatorjm's advice to change my password to exclude caps, I tried it, and it didn't work. But then I tried entering my username "CowboyBoats" as "cowboyboats" and suddenly I was able to log in.

Apparently entering any capital letter into the username or password fields in the Android Grooveshark app disables it entirely!

Although the Grooveshark app seems to work on my Incredible now, I am pretty upset with having this problem in the first place, and being ignored by Grooveshark when I complained about it. I'm glad I only got the $3 subscription and not the $30, and I will probably not be renewing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones