• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] CDMA Workshop and Manual PRL Updates

I was just wondering because I can swap the PRL on my Prevail in like 30 seconds with the script and dfs. Is there a way to get the Marquee into Dm without swapping roms? I run CTMod 3.6.5 with hyperkernel 1.5.

Not that I've found yet. I just restore a backup then revert back after

Me too, Monster. Really easy with the Non-CDMA Workshop method too. :D

Upvote 0
I was messing around in the LG Hidden Folder, just under the NAI settings is the PPP settings. I switched the PPP Carrier from Sprint to HTK_Sprint. The phone immediately rebooted and I then had no data service. I switched it back and still, no data. I could call and text until I tried to fix it. I tried the ##72786# -> MSL -> yes trick and that took all calling and texting capabilities away. So now I have a wifi only Marquee. I am running ctmod 6.5 with the unleashed kernel also with the HC theme. I changed back to stock and tried again, still no change. It tries the hands free activation but can't contact the network. What do I do?

This happened to my moms phone, any help would be greatly appreciated since she didn't pay for insurance and sprint wants $35 to swap it.

Upvote 0
So i'm trying to flash the Sprint Galaxy S2 over to Boost, but i can't even install CDMA workshop to begin trying. I've read tons of posts and have seen lots of videos regarding how to do this, but clearly the first step is to download CDMA workshop. I can find links to it just fine, but i get an error message about not having the necessary permissions. I read that it's probably due to my antivirus software, and should turn it off temporarily. I have SOPHOS and i cannot uninstall it, unless i'm part of some Admin software team. i've tried downloading onto phone and then moving it over to computer using USB cable, but no luck. Can anyone help me? I'm this close to simply giving up and selling phone.

Upvote 0
Just flashed the new PRL about 30 minutes ago and I'm at full signal. Hope it stays that way. Thx again bro!

when i flash ctmod 3.8 (SPRINT),
i had 21094 everything was good,
then been an idiot tried to update, got 21096 and start roaming all the time

Updated to 12123 corporate , battery start draining like crazy :(

need to roll back to 21094 :thinking:

Update:
Found 12124, any1 tried????

Upvote 0
when i flash ctmod 3.8 (SPRINT),
i had 21094 everything was good,
then been an idiot tried to update, got 21096 and start roaming all the time

Updated to 12123 corporate , battery start draining like crazy :(

need to roll back to 21094 :thinking:

Update:
Found 12124, any1 tried????

Yup, I tried it a little while back and it worked well for me. :D

EDIT: I just went ahead and flashed 12124 again and it took a minute but I got full signal with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones