• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [guide][exp]How To Port GB from SDK

Why wubi.
You'll get the full performance
OF Linux with it's own filesystem. Ext2, 3 or 4.

That's why sd-ext works , they've selected native over yaffs.

I know but the hard disk has limitation of maximum 4 partitions.
1-> Windows 7
2-> Snow Leopard
3-> Dell Recovery
4-> Extra stuff ;)

So, nothing left for ubuntu :(

About trying, I was referring to tutorial.
Did you try the tutorial? :)

Also, check my new thread, need some help :)

Upvote 0
I know but the hard disk has limitation of maximum 4 partitions.
1-> Windows 7
2-> Snow Leopard
3-> Dell Recovery
4-> Extra stuff ;)

So, nothing left for ubuntu :(

About trying, I was referring to tutorial.
Did you try the tutorial? :)

Also, check my new thread, need some help :)

You need to create an Extended Partition.
You can partition that extended partition in as many small partitions as you like :)

Upvote 0
I will port it to cm7 also as soon as cm 7 or kernel source is released

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait for me to try your ramdisk. my son was pestering me.. He hates me either with the phone or my laptop. Now he's asleep. I'll try and tell with 20 mins.

sorry sam I forgot logcat. and also pls tell me how to take it.

after booting from the GB for some time the MMX logo would be their then screen will become black and device dies down.

and @ sam : did you restore your computer? how come it crashed. and how come such an intelligent guy uses windows and cygwin while linux with virtual box running multiple instances windows os is stable provided you've enough ram. ( yes...... you can run winxp, win7 .... simultaneously inside linux with virutalbox or vmware). yes for exclusive gaming windows is required for some games. Most of them now run in linux with wine and playonlinux.

Upvote 0
Connect the phone to pc during boot and in platform tools start ddms it will give you log cat...
My pc crashed because of too many process running in background I was playing call of duty 4 and also building a Rom plus browsing.. and some music in background all at same time...
Now it is fixed and no problems

the os was Win7 i persume and you fscked :rolleyes: till it crashed man you are good tester of the machines limit.

Upvote 0
Yeah I do that all things even my phone I oc upto 864mhz and pc and ofcourse my bike
Did you get the logcat black screen is good now try replacing libs as given in porting guide under all things root sub forum of a70
Black screen is nothing but no bootanimationand boot loops if still it won't work I will give a new way.. which has to work

Upvote 0
yes remake it with my and did the logcat worked...you dont have to remove battery
use adb in pc and type
adb shell
su
shutdown or reboot

and dont use the ramdisk

I'll try with your first method and try to take a logcat.

@abz did you try to take a logcat with black screen.

@sam will go thru the kernel guide link 2moro. I can't help appreciating your dedication man, it's sheer dedication. That's why I took the phone once more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones