• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE]Install Xposed Framework on CM13 (& other MM ROMs) w/all necessary files

HasH_BrowN

Android Expert
Jun 11, 2015
Leesburg, Fl
I installed Xposed Framework for CM13/MM and have been using for a couple of days now. Seamlessly.

See post #2 for known module issues

There have been a number of talks for proper order of installation (more-or-less for compatability), when flashing with/without ROM, GApps, and APN fix. I didn't see any discerning points on order of installation, as long as all needed files are there. I personally installed it way after flashing ROM with several reboots in between.
The attached files are from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 , by developer
ROVO89. I'm merely including the attached files with this guide for completeness.

SEE POST #5 BELOW FOR UPDATED FILES
Xposed Installation Instructions

• Download all attached files. There is the installer apk, the framework zip, and the uninstaller zip (only flash this for unexpected boot loops)
  • Open Installer apk to install, as you normally would
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Flash framework zip (this is usually performed by the Xposed installer)
  • Reboot and enjoy.
Alternatively you can flash the framework zip right after flashing the rom, then after rebooting install the installer apk. The most recent version (83) of the framework (sdk23 - marshmallow/CM13) has been included. I will update when new versions are released.

DISCLAIMER: No One (but you) will be held responsible for any damages caused by the mods you do to the devices software. You do so of you own volition.

Attachments

• xposed-v83-sdk23-arm.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 12,686
  • XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    611.8 KB · Views: 9,885
  • xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm.zip
    299.2 KB · Views: 5,125
Last edited:
Known Modules Issues

1. XPOSED BLACKLIST by flarejune has been tested number of times and has produced the same result of being stuck on CID(CM's cyan alien).
Pwr + Vol- to get to TWRP. From this point you can either
  • Mount system, access file manager, goto /data/apps and delete com.flarejune.xposedblacklist. Then simply reboot. (quick)
OR
  • Flash xposed-uninstaller, reboot, uninstall Xposed Blacklist, reboot to TWRP, and flash Xposed framework. Then reboot. (more time consuming)
Screenshot_20160426-195527.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
Sorry about that. I updated post with mention to your comment.

I ended up getting a LGLS775, my Volt was over heating very badly. I all ready had it replaced 4x's. The Stylo 2 has almost got root. It's not bad, so far.

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones