• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] Using LGNPST 1.3 to FULL Stock ZV5

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Have you ever wanted to return your phone to full stock? Was your phone a ZV4 that would never update to ZV5? Did you screw up the ZV9 update? Well this guide is one of them most easiest ways to Upgrade/Downgrade/return to Stock.

What you need:
    Drivers: look here
    VM670.dll.zip
    LGNPST 1.3 (It must be 1.3, 1.2 WILL NOT work!)
    LGNPST Components----Thank you asadullah!
    ZV5 Firmware: VM670ZV5_07.cab
    Phone must be in Recovery Mode or booted in Froyo ROM
    Your SPC code, get it by following the youtube video, Thank you asadullah! Click Here

Step 1: Install LGNPST>Reboot>Extract and install everything in LGNPST Components.zip

Step 2: Extract VM670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP (create folders if they don't exist and Right-click VM670.dll press Register Active X DLL

Step 3 (If you're doing this from recovery mode, skip this): Dial ##PORT# Enter SPC, Check the box. Open LGNPST

Step 4: THIS IS IMPORTANT! Rename the VM670ZV5_07.cab to VM670ZV5_07.S5_07.P61007.cab

Step 5: In the Upgrade tab choose the CABfile and browse to where you extracted and renamed the file, select it.

Step 6: Press Start, enter SPC, Press OK

Now just wait for it to finish and then for the phone to boot. If it does not load after 5 minutes after LGNPST hits 100%, unplug USB, turn off phone by pulling battery, press HOME+POWER+VOLUME DOWN, you are in Stock Recovery, select factory reset with the home key and then reboot.

Now wait for it to boot. Once it boots you are done!

I'm away from my computer now but I was trying to get setup to try and downgrade from zv9. when I try to register vm670.dll it spits up an error and dosent register. Its on winxp pro. I'll post the actual error tomorrow morning.

EDIT: It's "LoadLibrary("C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\VM670.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."

Upvote 0
    I'm away from my computer now but I was trying to get setup to try and downgrade from zv9. when I try to register vm670.dll it spits up an error and dosent register. Its on winxp pro. I'll post the actual error tomorrow morning.

EDIT: It's "LoadLibrary("C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\VM670.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."

Did you follow step 2?

Step 2: Extract VM670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP (create new folders if directory does not exist) and right click the extracted VM670.dll and choose "Register ActiveX DLL"

I'm guessing that he didn't want to confuse people that don't know that zv4 and zv5 have differnt screens.

If anyone wants ZV4, you can PM me, asadullah also has the link to it. And Phatninja is correct, I don't want people accidentally flashing ZV4 on phones with the new screen.......

Upvote 0
    Did you follow step 2?

Step 2: Extract VM670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP (create new folders if directory does not exist) and right click the extracted VM670.dll and choose "Register ActiveX DLL"

If anyone wants ZV4, you can PM me, asadullah also has the link to it. And Phatninja is correct, I don't want people accidentally flashing ZV4 on phones with the new screen.......

Followed it to the T. when i right click and choose register activex dll is when i get the noted error

yeah... np i found the cab and i have an original zv4 phone. to be honest zv9 is working fine and i dont know why i am even trying other then i get bored and i'd be able to say i did it.

Upvote 0
    Followed it to the T. when i right click and choose register activex dll is when i get the noted error

yeah... np i found the cab and i have an original zv4 phone. to be honest zv9 is working fine and i dont know why i am even trying other then i get bored and i'd be able to say i did it.
    Does the directory already exist? Because there's another way to register it if it does, if it doesn't then I need to upload another thing..

Upvote 0
    Updated Guide, new download added, it is needed.
    Reggie.zip
    Step 2: Extract Reggie.zip to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\ so that after it is extracted you will have directory \Model\MTP

Step 2 1/2: Extract VM670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP and

-If on Win7/Vista right-click Reggie.exe>Properties>Compatibility tab>Check Run as administrator>Ok then drag VM670.dll over Reggie.exe and drop it.

-If on Windows XP drag VM670.dll over Reggie.exe and drop it.

Very cool Sammy. A couple things... Why not rename the cab and re upload?

When I have time.

Upvote 0
    ok new error with reggie.exe

"This application has failed to start because LGNPST_GenericModel_Ver_5_0_10_0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

this is what i get on dragging vm670.dll onto reggie.exe

EDIT: Followed asadulla's link in the unbrick thread and installed lgnpst components and genericmodel specified in the OM thread and the dll registered fine with the right click method. no reggie needed

Reactions: sammyz
    Upvote 0
    ok new error with reggie.exe

"This application has failed to start because LGNPST_GenericModel_Ver_5_0_10_0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

this is what i get on dragging vm670.dll onto reggie.exe

EDIT: Followed asadulla's link in the unbrick thread and installed lgnpst components and genericmodel specified in the OM thread and the dll registered fine with the right click method. no reggie needed

Ok now I know what is/isn't needed thanks

Upvote 0
    Success!!

4257075b-478a-1181.jpg

4257075b-47a1-1c5e.jpg

Before zv9 now zv4 thx for the guide :D

Upvote 0
    Does bootloader work?
    Terminal emulator app>su>reboot bootloader

well i seem to be missing the fastboot driver on my windows install but on the phone screen it boots to the blue fastboot screen with

Fastboot mode started
    gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
    bl: i2c write error
    udc_start()
    -- suspend --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1536 0 10

i havent used fastboot in the past but i think this means i could use it.... if i could find the driver windows is asking for...

Reactions: sammyz
    Upvote 0
    well i seem to be missing the fastboot driver on my windows install but on the phone screen it boots to the blue fastboot screen with

Fastboot mode started
    gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
    bl: i2c write error
    udc_start()
    -- suspend --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1536 0 10

i havent used fastboot in the past but i think this means i could use it.... if i could find the driver windows is asking for...
    In the OM forums their's a thread "How to get out of fastboot" the driver there should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones