• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handbreak Question

gopens

Feb 26, 2010
So I am trying to convert a movie I have downloaded on my computer to play on my Evo. I found a website that walks you through all the steps on how to do this.

I did everything it said to do. The website mentions after you do all the steps to hook up your phone via usb to the computer and transfer the movie you just used Handbreak on and load it on the phone. And once again I have done all of that. My question is where does the movie save to. I can not find the movie anywhere. I hope this makes sense. I can find the original movie where it is in my downloads but not the "updated" version for my phone. Or does it change the original movie. I would think after I am done there would be 2 copies of the movie on my computer. The original copy and the modified version for my phone. correct?

I did everything it said to do. The website mentions after you do all the steps to hook up your phone via usb to the computer and transfer the movie you just used Handbreak on and load it on the phone. And once again I have done all of that. My question is where does the movie save to. I can not find the movie anywhere. I hope this makes sense.
It's not making sense to me. The file is wherever you copied it to on the SD card.

Are you asking how to view the video? If so, you can either browse to it using a file manager (Astro, etc) or check the Gallery. The Gallery should find it automatically.

I can find the original movie where it is in my downloads but not the "updated" version for my phone. Or does it change the original movie. I would think after I am done there would be 2 copies of the movie on my computer. The original copy and the modified version for my phone. correct?
Oh, I think I understand where you are. So you haven't copied it to the SD card yet?

Again, the new file is generated wherever you told Handbrake to put it. Carefully look over the settings screen and there's a place for you to specify.

See also the Handbrake Guide/Wiki. This page directly refers to what you're asking about:
http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Destination

If you can't find it then use the Search function on your PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones