• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent SMS Problem

DRMMR02

Sep 13, 2009
Sometimes, not all the time, when I am sending a text message in Handcent SMS, I get a certain glitch. Whenever I press the Spacebar button, the cursor moves up 1 line after inputting the space. So if I am in the first line of text, the cursor moves up into the Sent/Received message window. If I have written more than one line, the cursor moves straight up 1 line. This happens after every word. So I have to type the word, hit Spacebar, move the cursor back to the input screen, type the next word, hit Spacebar, move the cursor again, etc. It happens for every word within one message, but not every time I am typing a message, if that makes sense. Any ideas what is going on?

I am running Cupcake on a T-Mobile myTouch. I have only noticed this in Handcent SMS v2.9.1 and am using the Touch Input keyboard.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones