• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Day....Kindle is up!

I just downloaded it! I'm excited. I've been waiting for this for awhile. I had tons of books I'd read on long car rides on my old BB. Now I feel complete. :)

be sure you take your car charger,
got app, dl book from amazon with it , read book.

Seems to be a little rough on already strained bat life.
wonder which if any you help, white,sepia or black background? seems like i read that it doesnt matter on amoled screens.
one thing it should have is a low battery warning notification. I just happen to check and was well below my time to charge.
But i still will give it a go.

Upvote 0
be sure you take your car charger,
got app, dl book from amazon with it , read book.

Seems to be a little rough on already strained bat life.
wonder which if any you help, white,sepia or black background? seems like i read that it doesnt matter on amoled screens.
one thing it should have is a low battery warning notification. I just happen to check and was well below my time to charge.
But i still will give it a go.
Crank the brightness down a bit. Lastnight I put it through a bit of a stress test and the battery lasted quite a while. I found it still very readable when moving the Kindle App's brightness slider down to almost 1/10th.

Upvote 0
It takes zero electricity for an OLED to display black, so the more of the screen is black, the better your battery life.

Crank the brightness down a bit. Lastnight I put it through a bit of a stress test and the battery lasted quite a while. I found it still very readable when moving the Kindle App's brightness slider down to almost 1/10th.

Both good suggestions, I was using white background and had brightness higher than needed, thanks

Upvote 0
I love apps that I can you across platforms. This has worked great with my PC,Mac, Ipod touch and Ipad versions.

If you go to the Amazon site on a desktop you can preview the first chapter of any Kindle title! I have books recommended to me all the time and I love previewing to see if I'm interested! Very cool.

Upvote 0
I wish B&N would release something comparable. I don't care for the one from ereader.com, which I they own. I'd rather support a bookstore with a brick and mortar nearby than Amazon (which I love, just not for books).

Anyways, I downloaded the app and its very well done, but I don't like the hassle involved in getting my own existing (non drm) ebooks to be viewable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones