• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Haptic feedback setting changes itself

Paul7876

May 29, 2010
Hi,

I've just bought a new Galaxy S3. When I was running through the settings, I activated haptic feedback for the softkeys.
I've noticed that this setting will sometimes 'untick itself'.

Has anyone else noticed this? I've had the phone less than 24 hours and it's not rooted.

I don't think I can take it back just for this :) I noticed similar things on Gingerbread on another phone, where settings would change randomly. Is this just one of those things?

Thanks

Have you happened to toggle the "Power Saving" mode at all in Settings? I've noticed turning that on turns off Haptic feedback, and doesn't auto turn it back on after turning it off

You can adjust the option in Settings -> Power Saving.

Also, try leaving "auto haptic" turned on, just to make sure it is automatically working.

Upvote 0
You can adjust the option in Settings -> Power Saving.

Also, try leaving "auto haptic" turned on, just to make sure it is automatically working.

auto haptic has nothing to do with being automatic.
It simply let's you specify which apps you want to use haptic feedback and which you don't. Selected apps still use haptic feedback evan if power saving is on.

I'd start by checking for a firmware update.

Upvote 0
Same thing happens to me. You turn on power save, and even if you don't check to turn off haptic feedback it turns it off anyway. And it doesn't come back on when you turn power save off. You have to go to the specific haptic feedback setting to turn it back on manually. But for the life of me I can't find that setting now!

Upvote 0
Oh for crying out loud. I just found the setting... it's under SOUNDS! How intuitive! If anyone else needs to know it's Settings/Sounds/System.

By the way, originally by default the phone comes with Auto Haptic trnd On. This caused a crazy problem where when I played music or audio through any audio app - the haptic would vibrate in sync with the music! Interesting to have the phone keeping rhythm... but very annoying so if it happens to you - you can turn auto-haptic off and it'll stop.

Reactions: magicman08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones