• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone else seen these guys ?

agentengram

Lurker
Jan 11, 2009
Hey yall,

My friend just told me about this, and it seems cool, like a twitter/facebook/google maps mashup. They seem to be doing something kindof like Loopt, but I am hoping they aren't reliant on SMS like Loopt is cuz that costs.

The most interesting thing is it seems they are launching on G1 exclusively, now that's a new one. I cant find them on market though.

They have a beta coming but I am not in thier restricted area codes (510, 415, 650) so I cant beta, is anyone signed up? Is it worthy?

http://www.momentarynow.com/

agentengram

For this to be effective, they will need to bring out multi-operating system versions and not tie this application down to the G1. Not everyone in the world will have a G1, therefore this application will limit the number of users who can communicate effectively. If this application were to be ported to other phones (i-phone and a J2ME build) then the number of users who can communicate will increase exponentially therefore creating a much richer and better user experience. This is what is lacking in a lot of similar applications for social communication.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I thought too, iPhone seems a natural for this. But iPhone app store is under apple's ham fisted control, I have actually heard stories about apps never being accepted for business reasons. Wouldnt that suck, you do all this work to make an app, and then they wont post it!

This app does look cool though, if anyone does the beta please report!

agent_engram

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones