• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone found the Note 3 so bad that they have gone back to their old phone?

marcjohnson

May 5, 2010
Hi all, just interested in opinions.

My Note 3 is so annoying with regards to missing calls and poor signal that I'm considering going back to my Note 2 which is clearly better in that department.

Anyone else done this or are you hanging in there knowing your old phone was more reliable?

It would be interesting to break this survey down into two groups: one that left their N3 alone and use it pretty much stock from the carrier, and the other that rooted it, and fiddled with the TW and carrier software a bit. I'm in the pretty much stock group, and I couldn't be happier. Seems to me that carrier performance, and user-generated glitches, may have as much to do with problems as anything else --- and no, I don't work for Samsung.

Upvote 0
2 weeks ago i sent my note 3 to samsung service centre day to get repaired the montherboard on my note 3 got replaced cause some times it restarted by it's self some times wen i was on the mobile it sounded like the person was far away from the mobile wen day was not it keeped getting hot now the wifi wont work some times it says password is wrong wen it is not if i put the wifi password in more then 6 times it disableds the wifi it is starting to restart again but not as much as before i wish i keeped my galaxy s3 it was a better mobile then the note 3

Upvote 0
2 weeks ago i sent my note 3 to samsung service centre day to get repaired the montherboard on my note 3 got replaced cause some times it restarted by it's self some times wen i was on the mobile it sounded like the person was far away from the mobile wen day was not it keeped getting hot now the wifi wont work some times it says password is wrong wen it is not if i put the wifi password in more then 6 times it disableds the wifi it is starting to restart again but not as much as before i wish i keeped my galaxy s3 it was a better mobile then the note 3

separate sentences would help read and understand your post.

sounds like you have a bad phone.. and it was NOT fixed correctly.
send it back.. ask for a replacement.

good luck

I had a S3 before.. great phone.
Note3 is better in every way.

Reactions: Glenn9586
Upvote 0
separate sentences would help read and understand your post.

sounds like you have a bad phone.. and it was NOT fixed correctly.
send it back.. ask for a replacement.

good luck

I had a S3 before.. great phone.
Note3 is better in every way.

i did go back to samsung service centre i told them 2 weeks ago i bring my note 3 to get repaired use change the montherboard but it did not fix my restart problem on the mobile it has a wifi problem now i want a replacement note 3 the girl told me we are not apple to replace the mobile if you want you can leave the mobile and we will look at the note 3 again

Upvote 0
I presume you've compared phones by using your SIM in another device, at the same location?

Stupid question I know, but it is worth asking. I suspect you have a dodgy device.

Yeah, did that in 3 rooms with that LTE Discovery App.

Took it back today, it's been sent off for repair so fingers crossed it was just a dodgy one.

The difference in capturing signals was too extreme to leave it, the N2 switches between 4G, H+ and 3G effortlessly and doesn't lose signal, the N3 gets a weak 4G signal than goes straight to G and than loses signal, I have called myself and heard it ring than go straight to voicemail without the handset ringing, just seemed too poor quality for a top of the range handset.

Upvote 0
It would be interesting to break this survey down into two groups: one that left their N3 alone and use it pretty much stock from the carrier, and the other that rooted it, and fiddled with the TW and carrier software a bit.
Rooted, Safestrap, currently testing X-Note. (Wish it was a 64GB device so I could have a few more slots.)

I can't think of another phone that actually exists that I'd rather have. I can think of features I'd like to have, but I'd like my car to be able to fly over traffic jams too.

This is the 3rd Note 3. OTA bricked the first one. Storage went on the second one. This one works, update is frozen (at least until 4.4's been out and stable for a while, there's a way to root it, and there's a Safestrap for it).

It's a bit large for a shirt pocket, and dangerous for a pants pocket (I bend, it doesn't), but with my cataracts (soon to be corrected, I both dread and hope), I need the large screen.

Coverage is great where I am, wifi and BT work, there's just no way to get it to wirelessly mirror to a Vizio TV without adding something.

So - one muchly modified N3 and I love it. Oh, Nova launcher. Hate TW, always have.

Reactions: FlyingPigL
Upvote 0
My Note 3 is stock and I'm happy with it. No real issues.
I sort of did regret getting it at first as there were a couple of software things that I liked better on the Note 2 - I preferred S-Note, both the app and widget on the N2 to the N3 and there's a couple of software things which I preferred but, apart from that I am happy with the Note 3 and not had any real issues. Had a slight issue with charging the other week but, it hasnt been an issue since.

Upvote 0
Hi all, just interested in opinions.

My Note 3 is so annoying with regards to missing calls and poor signal that I'm considering going back to my Note 2 which is clearly better in that department.

Anyone else done this or are you hanging in there knowing your old phone was more reliable?

Maybe that's just your provider. I have NO problem with mine. Once upon a time I had a Galaxy S3 when it came out (US Cellular). Service was incredibly bad so I dumped them. The S3 was a good phone but doesn't mean anything if the service is crappy.

Upvote 0
I bought mine out right, so I am stuck with it for that amount (and I sold the Note 2)....but if I had it to do over again, I would keep my Note 2. I know opinions vary, but personally I liked my Note 2 much better.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I don't use the S-Pen or multi-windows anyway, and didn't really notice much of a difference between the Note 2 and 3.

Now that 4.4.2 KitKat has been pushed onto my phone, I can't even use my external SD card without rooting and tripping the Knox flag. I'll be watching the other brands and will get away from Samsung altogether as soon as I can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones