• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Have a problem with Mail app.

jakob95

Nov 16, 2010
When I put my email in the HTC Mail app it works. But when I press refresh it doesn't show me my inbox it says I have no new mail. I use Gmail. When I receive a new mail it does show it in the Mail app. But it doesn't show all my mail in my inbox.

So...I think you are saying that you are trying to access your gmail account through the htcmail app, right?

If so, then you added the account however nothing came up, If you press Menu, then Folders, you can see all your folders listed. Am I getting close?
Yes I can see my folders but when I press on a folder there isn't any mail in there. I can only see the new mail I get in my Inbox after I put the email into the phone.

Upvote 0
Yes I can see my folders but when I press on a folder there isn't any mail in there. I can only see the new mail I get in my Inbox after I put the email into the phone.

When in mail app, go into the settings. Under, I believe it is, Schedule, the default is 3 days. Check All or a different amount if desired.

I may be wrong about what menu it is, since I removed the HTC mail app from my phone. I'm using K-9. However, it is there because I had the same issue when I first started using it.

Upvote 0
When in mail app, go into the settings. Under, I believe it is, Schedule, the default is 3 days. Check All or a different amount if desired.

I may be wrong about what menu it is, since I removed the HTC mail app from my phone. I'm using K-9. However, it is there because I had the same issue when I first started using it.
Amazing thanks it fixed it for me. Is K-9 really better then the HTC mail app?

Upvote 0
Amazing thanks it fixed it for me. Is K-9 really better then the HTC mail app?

Better if you have more than one email account and need, or want, to see mail from both accounts on the same screen, or if you want to just use one app for access to all of your different accounts (ex - gmail, yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc).

Of course, this is all personal preference. Some people swear by htc mail, others the gmail app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones