• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have any UK owners seen the HSDPA sign?

Try comparing speeds (if you are getting slow-ish) between holding the 'phone in your hand, wrapped round the back (where the aerial is..) and then holding her upside down..

I got QUITE A DIFFERENCE...

Think I know one thing that HTC/Google will do for the Mk 2 version (well, some time...) - move the aerial somewhere (tricky that..) less daft..

Cheers!

Lodger

Upvote 0
Just got in Waitrose (** a supermarket **) car-park in Wokingham @ 10:33am [waiting for the wife] download 3922Kbps, upload 1673Kbps, (Speedtest), 'phone status switching between UMTS & HSDPA.

& If the 'phone was normal way up (therefore aerial at the bottom... slightly behind car dash) I got a lower speed, turn N1 upside down and she goes faster ..

Anyone??

Cheers!

Lodger

Upvote 0
Try comparing speeds (if you are getting slow-ish) between holding the 'phone in your hand, wrapped round the back (where the aerial is..) and then holding her upside down..

I got QUITE A DIFFERENCE...

Think I know one thing that HTC/Google will do for the Mk 2 version (well, some time...) - move the aerial somewhere (tricky that..) less daft..

Cheers!

Lodger

Just a crazy thought but.... is it possible that they meant the aerial to be where it is because (and I've no idea whether this is a reasonable assumption :thinking:) most web browsing, or other things needing 3G, will be done holding the phone in landscape....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones