• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having a lot of problems with my Android's WiFi...

Jack Lias

Oct 15, 2012
I'm getting very frustrated with my Android phone. It simply won't stay connected to wifi. I've had it for two and a half years (I'm still under contract and can't afford a new phone). I've tried everything I can think of from setting a static IP, to resetting the phone. It used to be able to go 5-10 minutes between disconnects, but now it doesn't even last 30 seconds. I cannot change any settings in the router, so I need to find a solution that doesn't involve changing any router settings.

My Android is version 2.2.1 (I've tried to upgrade, but apparently "the device is unable to connect to the server.") and I'm using a Motorola Milestone. I'm not close to the router, but I have been further away from the router before in other houses and been able to connect just fine, and stay connected.

I use the phone a lot inside my house, and my data plan doesn't have unlimited data. I've likely far exceeded my 500MB/month, and my phone bill's probably going to cost a king's ransom.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried restarting your router settings unplug router but before you plug it back into the wall hold down reset switch on back of router usually need a pen or paper clip to do it and hold it down while plugging it back in if you can't . Then hold down that button for 30 seconds will reset back to default setting and it won't mess with any of the other settings I had this problem with a laptop did the 30 seconds reset and it fixed the problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones