• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having issues with Google Voice app

I've had Google Voice for a couple years now and have never had any problems until now. Had it installed for over 2 years on my original Motorola Droid. I got my Galaxy Nexus phone a couple weeks ago and yesterday finally got around to installing Google Voice on my new phone. All went well during the installation, or so I thought.

After installing, it brought me to my Inbox. I backed out to get back to my home screen and nothing was there. Absolutely nothing on any of my home screens. Nothing in my app drawer either. Thought it was just a fluke and rebooted my phone.

Added the widget to a home screen to see my inbox, which is smaller than what I'm used to. Wonder why they did that and I can't resize like I can the calendar widget.

Anyways, now and every time I go to my inbox to read/send a text, and I back out after I'm done, my phone is blank. No widgets on any home screen, nothing in my app drawer. It's all black.

Why is this and what can I do to fix it?! I can't shutdown and turn my phone back on every time!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones