Having issues with Google Voice appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Well-Known Member

I've had Google Voice for a couple years now and have never had any problems until now. Had it installed for over 2 years on my original Motorola Droid. I got my Galaxy Nexus phone a couple weeks ago and yesterday finally got around to installing Google Voice on my new phone. All went well during the installation, or so I thought.

After installing, it brought me to my Inbox. I backed out to get back to my home screen and nothing was there. Absolutely nothing on any of my home screens. Nothing in my app drawer either. Thought it was just a fluke and rebooted my phone.

Added the widget to a home screen to see my inbox, which is smaller than what I'm used to. Wonder why they did that and I can't resize like I can the calendar widget.

Anyways, now and every time I go to my inbox to read/send a text, and I back out after I'm done, my phone is blank. No widgets on any home screen, nothing in my app drawer. It's all black.

Why is this and what can I do to fix it?! I can't shutdown and turn my phone back on every time!

2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

It works fine on my GN, I used Desktop Visualizer to resize the icon. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
    Frank Grimes likes this.
  3. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Well-Known Member

people should look to downloaded apps first for things like this. a completely unrelated app can be at fault.
  4. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

My first questions would be:

GV from the market as published by Google (this should be a yes)?
    Stock launcher or alternative?

I have been using GV since day 1 (rooted and unrooted) and never experienced this.

Frank Grimes and Crashumbc like this.
  5. Frank Grimes

Google Voice is from the Market as published by Google.
    Stock launcher.

Right now, the only other apps I have installed on this are for my bank, Navy Federal, and Beautiful Widgets.

Even after wiping the phone and only installing Google Voice, the same thing happens.

And yes, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling.
  6. Frank Grimes

Well, I don't know what I did but it's working as it should now. Guess it just needed time to marinate.

Going to give Desktop Visualizer a try to resize the widget since it's jut too damn small.

Thanks everyone.
  7. chrisakavern

chrisakavern New Member

Everytime I open Google Voice everything is gone when i exit the app