• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having problems activating phone after applying 2.2 update

mickym5

Mar 16, 2010
Scranton
I have S-off, I went from the .0 software version to .2 software version and then applied the 2.2 update.zip file through stock recovery (I unrooted). After applying the 2.2 zip, my phone is asking me to activate and it is unsuccessful every time and routes me to Verizon customer service. They are closed right now, but I'm planning on calling tomorrow morning if all else fails. Anybody know a fix and, if not, should I be worried about my phone not activating because I wasn't meant to get 2.2 yet?

Not sure I understand what you mean by the phone is asking you to activate. Can you give a little more detail about when/where this is happening? You may just need to do a *228 option 1.
Sorry if I was being unclear. Thats what I meant, it was asking me to activate and *228 would fail everytime last night. Woke up this morning and *228 worked with no problem though. I was getting nervous

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones