• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HD2 Android Backup, Restore on HD2 WM

xara777

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Hello! I have a question: I have two phones, both are HTC HD2. One has Android. The other has WM 6.5. If I make a backup of everything on the Android phone, I then want to take this backup and install it on the WM 6.5 phone, so that they will be identical. Does it matter what version of Android I install on the WM 6.5? All I want to do is get this phone to accept the backup file from the other phone, so that I will end up with two identical Android HTC HD2 phones. I am completely new at this. Thanks!

If I make a backup of everything on the Android phone, I then want to take this backup and install it on the WM 6.5 phone, so that they will be identical.

How are you making this backup? Is it a backup via Clockworkmod recovery? If so, then it theory it will work but not necessarily. My brother has an HTC Evo and had to get it replaced under warranty. After he got the new one he rooted it and tried to restore from the backup that he made but the new phone just wouldn't take it and he had to start all over.

So will this work...it depends. From what I know, probably not. Even the same model phone can actually have slightly different hardware revisions and such. There is no guarantee.

Any idea what Android ROM you are running?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones