• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphones with Phone cause it to freakout-help

akwilke

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Hello all,
My family recently just got 4 lg ignite (regional name for optimus black) and they came with headphone headsets. On two of them they work fine and when they plugged them in they got a message to approve the installation of a new device. On the other two we never got that message and the headphones cause the phone to do the following:
1) flash icons at the top
2) turn on our pandora app but make it skip so you can not hear the music
3) start pandora during phone calls
4) can't hear phone calls through the headset and they can not hear you (while plugged in no sound from phone)
5) sometimes when plugged in can still hear music through phones speakers

Any advice on how to fix this? I would like to be able to use headphones but don't want to order another set if it will continue to have this issue.

Hello all,
My family recently just got 4 lg ignite (regional name for optimus black) and they came with headphone headsets. On two of them they work fine and when they plugged them in they got a message to approve the installation of a new device. On the other two we never got that message and the headphones cause the phone to do the following:
1) flash icons at the top
2) turn on our pandora app but make it skip so you can not hear the music
3) start pandora during phone calls
4) can't hear phone calls through the headset and they can not hear you (while plugged in no sound from phone)
5) sometimes when plugged in can still hear music through phones speakers

Any advice on how to fix this? I would like to be able to use headphones but don't want to order another set if it will continue to have this issue.
I'd try a hard reset (Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset). Please save any data you have on the phone before that. If it doesn't work, the defective phones probably have another ROM version.

Check the SW version of the defective ones (Settings->About phone, everything below "Model number"). If it's older than the other two's, just apply an upgrade. If it's not, I believe you must return either the phones or the headsets (or both), or even RTFM :) and check whether the headsets haven't a switch or something that enable them to work properly with the phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones