• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Heeeeelp!!! Keep getting kicked off of wifi !?

jcdied4us

Lurker
May 7, 2013
So I have Verizon FIOS at home and my phone has always picked up the wifi signal once I get home. I've had my Xperia TL for several months now but yesterday it started asked me to enter the router password. I thought it was a glitch and re-entered it but every time the phone sleeps and I go to use it again, it has forgotten the password again. It happened at least 4x and is currently not connected via wifi. Any ideas? Thanks.

I would first try simply rebooting the router if you have not already and if this doesn't help then it may be worth while looking at running an updater/repair:

To repair the phone software
1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
2. Turn on the phone, and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
4. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
5. Click repair phone.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones