• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello everyone! here's my story

Hi, I'm Jory Ramos from Houston Tx. So here's my story, hope at least makes you chuckle...

I had a really old cellphone that had been with me for 4 years... a Motorola L7 I really liked it! not much I could do with it besides talking, texting and taking a crappy picture once in a while.

On the holidays after a christmas party... went to a bar... lost the phone. Battery was dead so I couldn't even try calling to recover it.

Ordered an LG Optimus GT 540 online... got it on December 15 or so. I was happy! :D transferring old contacts, checking out android donut 1.6 my first android experience and was eager to update it to 2.1 eclaire... went to a New Years eve party... a girl took the phone to write her number... guess what? yup... she left with my phone!! :( after that I called her several times and she was supposed to give it back. Only later I found out she wasn't even picking up my calls. So I called T-mobile to block my sim card. Done! ordered a new LG GT 540... waited... got it. And on day one I said I'm not doing anything to the phone until I upgrade it to Android 2.1... got the LG GT Updater connected the phone, 15 minutes or so and the phone was updated.

Anyway... I'm discovering great apps and a great helping android community, I already rooted it with help of some of you guys... I'm really happy with the phone and android so far and learned a very valuable lesson from all this.

Hope you laugh at my infortune and irony :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones