Hello, new to android

Last Updated:

1. Turb0wned

Turb0wned Member This Topic's Starter

Just posting to say hello. I was a long time iphone user (3g, 3gs, iphone 4). I will say I loved the iphone till I got my iphone4. I get the new iphone every year, so I did it this year. Let just say I almost threw it against a few walls. Dropped calls constantly (even with a case), couldn't talk holding the phone with my shoulder and cheek without dialing numbers and press all kinds of buttons and I love when I call people and they can't hear me even with full coverage. I then went to Verizon and bought the droid x. Im loving it so far, need to get used to it, a little harder to use but great otherwise.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you have an X and I'm glad you posted!

Steven

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

welcome to Android. The forums here are a great resource. Use the search and don't be afraid to ask questions. We are all here to help!

4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Welcome to android forums, it can take a while to get use to android phones but once you do you will enjoy it. If you ever need help there are plenty of smart people here that will help.

Good luck!!!

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Welcome to the Android family! Hopefully no family members will drive you insane. :) Before you're a full member though... BRING OUT THE INITIATION PADDLES!

aleis likes this.
  6. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member Contributor

I can't believe it. A former iphone user coming on here with a new Droid X and not telling us how much he is doubting his decision and talking about returning the D-X. Very refreshing! You actually sound confident!

Anyway, I'm sure you will like the new toy. As many have said before, it will take some getting used to, you will have to learn some new tricks but you should have fun all the while.

7. Turb0wned

Thank you everyone! Actually its not just me that made the switch, my girlfriend came along with me to the droid x, she is also loving it!

8. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I came from AT&T and the iPhone as well. 3G is a LOT faster for me, call clarity is so much nicer, and the phone just kicks butt. I love Verizon so far and wish I had made the switch sooner personally

9. Turb0wned

One thing im not liking to much though is the music player.. seems kind of hard to use. What are you guys using for this?

10. Turb0wned

Yes its much quicker. I've always liked verison better just had at&t because of the iphone.

11. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Same here. I was on Sprint before and switched to AT&T when the iPhone came out for the iPhone. I loved it but was ready for something new. Definitely not regretting it as the Droid OS offers so much more IMO

12. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Hello! Hello! Try MixZing and see if you like it. I personally use it.

13. Turb0wned

M
    That player looks great but it wont let me skip songs???

14. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums & enjoy your X :)

15. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

welocme man great place to be everyone is so helpfull. the droid x is the best have fun with it