• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rakeesh

Lurker
Jan 2, 2010
I usually don't do "hello" posts but the button telling me to do so was so big I figured why not :D

Some info about me: I'm not a huge fan of linux on the desktop, but I own a few embedded devices that run linux (tivos, wrt54g router) as well as my homemade NAS server that I've installed linux (gentoo) on. I really like tinkering with smaller linux devices, even if it means doing physical hardware modifications, in fact I've even posted some of my own original modifications a few times.

That said I really like the idea of getting an android phone and may do so very soon. I'm a Sprint subscriber on a shared plan to reduce costs, so I'll need to get one of their phones. I'm mostly looking towards the HTC hero but I may end up waiting for something new to come out first. But if a really good deal comes around while I'm waiting I'd probably snatch it up fast.

I usually don't do "hello" posts but the button telling me to do so was so big I figured why not :D

Some info about me: I'm not a huge fan of linux on the desktop, but I own a few embedded devices that run linux (tivos, wrt54g router) as well as my homemade NAS server that I've installed linux (gentoo) on. I really like tinkering with smaller linux devices, even if it means doing physical hardware modifications, in fact I've even posted some of my own original modifications a few times.

That said I really like the idea of getting an android phone and may do so very soon. I'm a Sprint subscriber on a shared plan to reduce costs, so I'll need to get one of their phones. I'm mostly looking towards the HTC hero but I may end up waiting for something new to come out first. But if a really good deal comes around while I'm waiting I'd probably snatch it up fast.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones