1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help after update pleaseSupport

1. skairdykat

skairdykat Member

Hi,
    I updated my LG Optimus gt540 on saturday to run on 2.1. I did it using the LG update tool. Since doing it everythings fine apart from the fact I keep getting an Info message in my inbox. All it says is the telephone area code for where I live. If I delete it it just comes back again. does anyone know why this is? Do I need to alter setting in my phone somewhere?
    Also since the update there is the Sims 3 game on my phone which I didn't put on but it won't open. And apparently it's using 50% of my batteries power. I've tried deleting it but I can't.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Don't know about the first one... The Sims 3 won't work... To Uninstall it, first you have to be rooted... Then, get Titanium Backup from the Market>open it>go to "Backup/Restore">Find & Tap on Sims 3>Select "Uninstall !"
  3. skairdykat

skairdykat Member

Thanks.

how do i go about rooting my phone?

Dee
  4. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

5. skairdykat

skairdykat Member

Thanks for your help :)

Just one thing, I have done the steps in the link but when I start the z4root app it looks like it's doing something then just goes back to my menu on the phone and nothings changed. Am I doing something wrong? I've done the USB de-bugging thing etc should it be connected to my PC when I'm doing it?

Thanks again
  6. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You don't have to connect it to your PC... Go to Settings>Application & Untick "Unknown Sources" & in Settings>Applications>Development, Untick "USB Debugging" & "Allow Mock Locations".... Now restart your device>Tick them>Try rooting again...
  7. skairdykat

skairdykat Member

Thanks, I'm not sure where I'm Going wrong but it won't do it lol.
    Think I may just admit defeat lol
    Thanks or all your help
  8. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You can try the 1-click root... Search the forum... Good Luck!
  9. LxDroid

LxDroid Active Member

if you root yer phone, install titanium back up and just uninstall it. i did that b4 i went over to CM7 Android 2.3.3