• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help...cannot access app market - first time user

jujubadger

Lurker
Aug 14, 2011
Please could someone help me? I've recently got an X8 and i cannot get on app market, it asks me to first set a google email account, which i have but then when i try to access the app market..it says, "can't establish a reliable data connection to the servor". Can anyone help me..i'm on Orange btw.

Sorry to disappoint you but the Market sucks. There are so many people on here, me included, that cannot use the market app that it's ridiculous.
Some of the solutions I have seen that might help you are
1) Your email address - is it @gmail or @googlemail? Because it needs to be @gmail.
2) You have to sign in to google talk to access the market - don't ask me why.
3) try access it from data stream instead of wifi
There's loads of other solutions out there, most of them are crackpot.
None of these solutions worked for me, by the way, but I just hope you have better luck.
There's alternatives to the market though - like mobiles24 or slideme.org.
Neither is as good as the market but at least they can be easily accessed by android customers.

Upvote 0
Please could someone help me? I've recently got an X8 and i cannot get on app market, it asks me to first set a google email account, which i have but then when i try to access the app market..it says, "can't establish a reliable data connection to the servor". Can anyone help me..i'm on Orange btw.

Hi,

You can try to uninstall and re-install Android Market App...

Android Market for 2.1-2.2 ROMs
Android Market for 2.3 ROMs

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0

Based on some troubleshooting I have done with this particular issue, I would actually advise running a software update/repair on your handset:

Xperia? X10 - PC Companion - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson

Upvote 0

Oh... Did you check your mobile networks APN?
I think it is <orangeinternet> or something like that...

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones