• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!! Cannot get my metroWEB browser to work.

Okay, I know there have been PLENTY of posts regarding this topic. But, I seem to not be able to get it to work.

I rooted my phone recently, and without checking, I deleted my metroWEB browser.

Now, I've downloaded the Browser.apk, and Browser.odex. Put it on my sdcard from my pc. Moved it to my System/Apps using root explorer. Changed the permissions to exactly what other .apk / .odex files are. Powered off my phone. Powered it back on. And... Nothing. What am I missing?

Can someone PLEASE walk me through the steps, if i missed them, so that I can resolve this issue and be allowed to use my Google Play.

I am not to phone friendly, just enough to get by, so please informative when explain it to me.

Thank you in advance..

Go to http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...ons-each-stock-apps-stripper-application.html

Then click any ROM according to your ZV8 , 9 , A under your battery
Save to SD card
Download Rom Manager
Click LG Connect
Install ROM from SD card
click the ZIP of the SD card
then it will reboot into recovery

It will install or
click "Install from SD card" click the ZIP file , it will install,

then reboot!

Then if metroweb still wont work , then tell me ,

Note - Broken Out ROM and Black Plague Do Not Have MetroWEB , They might theme it but it does not contain it!

Upvote 0
Okay. I've found the right ROM for my phone. I'm using a zva.
i downloaded the .zip file on my computer, then manually placed it on my sd card.
afterwards, i downloaded Rom Manager (non-paid version).

when i open Rom Manager, i have under Recovery:
Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.8.3.1
Lastest Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.8.3.1
ClockworkMod Touch is available!

Under ROM Management:
Install ROM from SD Card (i click this, scroll down to my .zip file, click that, then i get:
ROM Pre-Installation:
Backup Existing ROM (not checked) i checked it.
Wipe Data and Cache (not checked) i checked it.
Wipe Dalvik Cache (which is checked)

then i click "ok" and get another menu which says: Reboot and Install(press OK to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation. I click ok, and get ROM Manager has been granted Superuser permissions.

after then goes away, nothing happens.. Am i doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
That allmost always happens if you click Wipe Data and Cache , if you did that , you are more than likely to brick your phone (Soft Brick) Any signs of life? Your phone is always repairable! (Like always a way to help , not manually opening up and tweaking it from the inside)

Can it charge? Is it completely dead?

Did you use Clockwork Recovery Touch?
Did you select "LG Connect"

You shouldn't have clicked wipe data and cache , if your SD card was in , that means it allmost always deleted everything , sometimes even the files to even recognize buttons or boot up! Also , it is always better to do the installation in the recovery menu , by holding Power and Volume down , when the phone is off , then it says click power to confirm (CLICK IT!) and it asks again (CLICK IT!!!) and then you go to

Install Zip from SD Card
Select Zip
Click yes
Installing
Boom
Check MetroWEB

Any signs of life on that phone
Remember you always have free insurance if it has never gotten disconnected (like if you NEVER missed a payment!) and if you have MetroGuard or something (extra a month) a replacement is about $100 with the seperate service , Just saying

Ok , Try anything to turn it on or charge it , turn holding both volume buttons and connect to computer with USB cable (GET LG CONNECT USB DRIVERS FIRST ON LG WEBSITE OR SOMETHING! SORRY FOR YELLING!) Then you connect and if you see any signs of turning on / a yellow sign then , it is fixable with a method , if not , you might need a replacement , or a new copy of the full firmware using DIAG/windows commands to go in your phone and rearange files in a correct manner , then to try a successful bootup (Ussually takes like 1 hour and a half to do that after you have done it like 50 times like me...) for a first time , if it is the case , then it will take like 3 hours but it is savable , trust me , or trust someone else , I don't have problems with that :p

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
"Free replacements for a limited time only , See online for more details"

Upvote 0
Well sorry I couldn't solve your problem , A stock ROM should have had it but anyways , atleast someone else or others can help , not everyone can help , not everyone is a genius (Me) Well this thread is now dead or something , :I

Note - Factory Reset Mode does nothing , after your rooted , it is rendered useless and it cant delete anything , CANT , i have done it alot to get into CM Recovery Menu while rooted , just a heads up for you

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
"Free replacements for a limited time only , See online for more details"

Upvote 0
I know this isn't a "good" list , but anything that isn't

Status Bar
Android itself
All the Launchers
Phone/Dialer (Causes tons of force closes)

-Mike
"The Samsung Galaxy Nexus , Only $200 off contract for a limited time only , Only in select stores , Check online for more details , The full Android 4.1 Jellybean experience with a great Android smartphone from Google , The creators of the Android platform*"
(* = Only applies with the $80 plan known as Unlimited Talk and Text and 2GB of High Speed 4G data , Then throttled back to standard 2G/3G depending on area)

Upvote 0
I mean , All The Launchers like
ADW Launcher
Stock Launcher
or then you can't launch anything at all! If you are running a rom , like Black Plague , You would get a Android 4.0 Launcher (Home Screen Replacement)

Android itself , Like the important apks , Like Sim Card Toolkit , and many important things (Check Titanium Backup! And things labeled in red should not be uninstalled)

Phone dialer is needed , since you would get force closes , It is the numbers to dial (obviously)

Android itself like the contents of android like out of the box ,

Maybe someone can give you a better list , I am used to advanced terms or something.....

-Mike
"The Samsung Galaxy Nexus , Only $200 off contract for a limited time only , Only in select stores , Check online for more details , The full Android 4.1 Jellybean experience with a great Android smartphone from Google , The creators of the Android platform*"
(* = Only applies with the $80 plan known as Unlimited Talk and Text and 2GB of High Speed 4G data , Then throttled back to standard 2G/3G depending on area)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones