• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help! Clean install for 2.2.1? root gone bad!

ragan.502

Lurker
Feb 2, 2011
i attempted a root after using many methods that just would not work. tonight i tried the method of using easyroot and that went terribly wrong. i put the update and sprecovery files on the SD via RSD lite. now my phpone shoes a red battery with a slash through it, and wont stay on. the phone shows no reception. I tried a factory reset, still no success. is there a means of clean install of the operating system?

next time i'll leave it to the experts! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

i attempted a root after using many methods that just would not work. tonight i tried the method of using easyroot and that went terribly wrong. i put the update and sprecovery files on the SD via RSD lite. now my phpone shoes a red battery with a slash through it, and wont stay on. the phone shows no reception. I tried a factory reset, still no success. is there a means of clean install of the operating system?
We need for you to post the exact files and methods you used for future reference. Also we ARE going with the assumption that you are using a Motorola A855 phone. Fortunately for you judging from the results you have posted I know the you used the "SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf" file via RSD Lite and that is where you went wrong. You are correct, you need to restore your phone to a totally stock software. Start here:

Restoring your phone when all else fails-LAST RESORT AND VERY RARE!!!

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones